Where to Find Quality Bronze Bars and Sheets
If you’ve paid attention to your history teacher, chances are you know a thing or two about bronze apart from the fact that it is often used to represent third rank. You should know that at some point in history bronze became the most widely used metal, so much so that an entire era was named after it. Even after the wars were over and all the bronze shields and weapons were locked back in armories, bronze remained a valuable metal simply because it possessed qualities essential to many other applications.
Here are some of the reasons why bronze is a highly prized material:
- Ductile. Like other copper alloys, bronze exhibits high ductility. Meaning, it can be drawn into small wires without breaking. Nevertheless, bronze is also the most brittle of the copper alloys, but it is still less brittle than cast iron.
- Low Friction. Most metals easily heat up when rubbed against another metal. This can be dangerous as high temperature weakens the metal structure, at certain point melts it, which is not good for machineries. Bronze, however, is quite different as it produces low friction when sliding against other metals, making it a perfect material for gears and bearings.
- No Sparks. Because bronze exhibits low friction, it also doesn’t generate spark when struck with a hard object. This makes bronze a perfect material for applications that involve flame.
- Corrosion-Resistant. Copper alloys get their resistance to corrosion from copper. Bronze, consisting of copper and tin (also corrosion resistant), is therefore corrosion resistant as well. Instead of forming iron oxide (rust), it forms copper oxide on its surface when exposed to oxygen. This material hardens into copper carbonate over time, giving bronze its characteristic greenish outer layer.
- Elegant. All copper alloys are prized for their elegant appearance. Bronze is among those that people have grown to love since the ancient times. In fact, bronzes that are not used for mechanical and structural applications are maximized for their decorative features. They are made into furniture, fixtures, and statues.
Timeless and In Demand
With the many uses of bronze, bronze sheet metal suppliers are always in demand. Blessed with its distinct characteristics that are different from other metals, bronze sheet products and other variations are beneficial in many ways. Bronze was originally used for producing tools, weapons and armor during the ancient times. Over the years though, people have come to discover more uses for the alloy in its different forms such as the bronze sheets, which bronze sheet suppliers provide.
Bronze suppliers provide several different alloys. One of the most common is the alpha bronze, which can be used for coins, springs, turbines and blades. Commercial bronze and architectural bronze are popular too for architectural purposes. Meanwhile, bismuth bronze, which can hold a good polish, is sometimes used in light reflectors and mirrors.
As previously mentioned,bronze causes minimal friction. This is why it is typically used in machine parts and other applications that involve metal-on-metal contact. And since it also does not spark when struck against a hard surface, it’s efficient to use in producing hammers, mallets, wrenches and other durable tools. Statues are commonly made of bronze that has been chemically darkened and finished.
Leading Distributor of Premier Metals
If you need a supplier for your business, Rotax Metals is the ideal choice among bronze sheet metal suppliers. We not only boast an extensive inventory of non-ferrous metals, we also take pride in our knowledgeable staff. They will assist you in your metal needs. Our commitment to providing outstanding customer service can be seen from our huge customer base and long-term partnerships with various industrial companies.
As a direct importer of copper and brass alloys, we are capable of distributing superior metals locally, nationally, and internationally. Aside from being recognized for our superior products, we are also known for having an extensive in-stock inventory of products such as copper, brass, and bronze alloys in bars, sheets, plates, tubes, angles, channels and coil. Whether you are in need of bronze sheets or extrusions, you can depend on our team to provide the supplies you need in an efficient manner.
We understand your drive for productivity, which is why we always strive for a rapid turn-around and shipment of stock items. Rotax Metals provides exceptional quality and services without sacrificing our competitive pricing. We can provide you with the following bronze supplies:
1. Architectural bronze rectangular rod
2. Architectural bronze extrusions: architectural bronze angle, architectural bronze channel, architectural bronze T-shape, special shapes
3. Commercial bronze sheet
4. Muntz metal and naval brass sheet
Every product you will find in our arsenal, be it a bronze tube or brass channel, has undergone all the necessary quality assurance tests. We’ve mastered the craft of metalworking and equipped our foundries with the most advanced machinery operated by highly skilled metalworkers. So when you need metal supplies for your projects and are mistrustful of any other supplier, turn to a reputable bronze and copper sheet supplier like Rotax Metals.
Experience the advantage of working with a values-driven organization that has proven its superior products and services continuously since 1948. Our 60 years in the industry speaks for itself, so why not take advantage of our services today?You might be surprised how easily we could identify the bronze bars or sheets you need and how many great options we can offer you. We commit to making the entire purchase process simple and easy for our customers to help you make the most informed decision.
With Rotax Metals, your business needs are always within reach.Let us be your go-to resource for quality copper and brass sales and we will not let you down.Get in touch with us by calling 1-718-272-9800 or filling out the form found in our Contact us page.